Protect And Extend The Life Of Your Natural Teeth
When your tooth is healthy enough to avoid removal, but too damaged or unstable to continue living without additional support or protection, a tooth crown is in order.
What Are Dental Crowns?
A crown is a hollow artificial tooth, commonly referred to as a “cap,” which fits over your natural tooth. Dr. Shah and Dr. Kashyap will choose from a variety of crown types based on its location and visibility in your mouth. At Upton Dental, we offer all-ceramic, E.Max, PFM (porcelain-fused-to-metal), zirconia, and all-gold crowns.
What Are The Benefits Of Dental Crowns?
Dental crowns are considered a restorative treatment because they return you to both full function and beauty. Consider their following potential benefits:
- Coverage of severe cosmetic damage
- Protection and restoration after a root canal or large filling
- Provides support to structurally weak teeth
- Protects previously infected teeth from recurrent infections and potential extraction
- Regained ability to speak articulately and chew effectively
Do I Qualify As A Candidate For A Dental Crown?
You may become a wonderful candidate for a dental crown if Dr. Shah and Dr. Kashyap determines one of the following:
- Your tooth is too weak to stand on its own
- Your tooth requires protection from invading bacteria
- A crown will best improve the beauty of your aesthetically damaged tooth