Restore Your Overall Oral Health
For problems like impacted wisdom teeth, or a tooth that becomes severely damaged or infected, Dr. Shah and Dr. Kashyap may suggest an extraction to restore and protect your oral health.
What Is An Extraction?
An extraction is the removal of a problematic tooth that Dr. Shah and Dr. Kashyap cannot save, or that threatens the health of surrounding teeth. During an extraction, your periodontist will numb your tooth and the surrounding area. You may feel a bit of pressure, but the local anesthetic will greatly improve your comfort. Your doctor will then carefully loosen your tooth and remove it with special forceps.
What Are The Benefits Of An Extraction?
An extraction can preserve and improve your oral health, and may offer the following benefits:
- If a root canal fails to improve your infected tooth, an extraction will prevent your tooth from abscessing
- Removing an infected tooth may protect the rest of your mouth from the spread of infection
- Removing a severely damaged tooth in danger of dying may improve daily comfort, and prepare your mouth for a tooth replacement
- Removal of a tooth may make room for a dental implant or implant-supported prosthetic
- An extraction may provide additional room to overcrowded teeth
- Extractions may remove wisdom teeth that are uncomfortable, or that threaten the alignment of your smile
Do I Qualify As A Candidate For An Extraction?
If your tooth is too unhealthy for Dr. Shah, Dr. Kashyap or our periodontist to save with other restorative treatments, or you require wisdom tooth removal, an extraction is your best solution for regaining optimal oral health and comfort.