Reestablish Excellent Gum Health
When you suffer from a problem that negatively affects your gums and other tissues that support your teeth – such as your jawbone – this area of specialization requires a periodontist. Fortunately, at Janet L. Goguen, we have an on-staff periodontist, so you can receive all of the care you need under one roof.
What Is A Periodontist?
Our periodontist is on-staff and specializes in treating your gum health concerns. If you experience problems with your gum health, we can quickly diagnose your problem and offer one of the following periodontal treatments:
What Are The Benefits Of Periodontal Care?
Dr. Goguen takes excellent care of your teeth, so you can enjoy daily comfort and a beautiful smile. However, beyond your teeth lies the remaining tissues in your oral cavity, including gums, ligaments, your jawbone, and other soft tissues. These structures support your teeth and must also remain in good health for a long-lasting healthy smile. If Dr. Goguen diagnoses you with periodontal disease, care from our periodontist will benefit you in the following ways:
- She will perform ultrasonic scaling to remove bacteria-filled plaque from your teeth and beneath your gumline
- She will address and reverse gingivitis
- She will offer ongoing periodontal treatment to patients with periodontitis, to guide the patient toward regained oral health
- Your periodontist may perform gum contouring or grafting, to repair the effects of gum recession, or to address cosmetic gumline concerns
Do I Qualify As A Candidate For Periodontal Care?
If you feel dissatisfied with your gumline, or experience the following symptoms associated with gum disease, you may make a wonderful candidate for periodontal treatment:
- Red or purple gums
- Tender gums
- Gums that bleed or hurt
- Chronic bad breath
- Teeth that seem loose or new spaces between teeth
- Receding gums