Gently Reshape Your Smile
Do you feel your teeth look uneven because of pitted surfaces or ridges? Or do a couple of your teeth appear too pointy or a bit longer than the rest? If your concern includes the need to smooth your teeth, or improve them through minimal reduction, tooth contouring may solve your problem.
What Is Tooth Contouring?
Dr. Goguen will apply a polishing tool to strategic areas of your tooth, to gently smooth and reshape them. This cosmetic procedure removes a minimal portion of your tooth’s outermost layer, called enamel. Contouring is simple, and requires no preparation.
What Are The Benefits Of Tooth Contouring?
Consider the following advantages of choosing contouring, and how it may improve your smile:
- Your cosmetic dentist may use contouring to improve the symmetry of your smile
- Tooth contouring can even out ridged teeth, for polished-looking teeth
- Dental contouring can soften the appearance of a jagged, pointed, or awkwardly-shaped tooth
- Contouring may reduce the length of a single tooth that appears longer than the rest
- Your dentist may improve the appearance of your alignment by gently improving a tooth that appears crooked, or address mildly overlapping teeth
Do I Qualify As A Candidate For Tooth Contouring?
If a tooth is too long, jagged, or uneven in texture – or your teeth appear uneven in length – you may make a terrific candidate for tooth contouring. However, for severe texture or shape issues, your dentist may suggest a more dramatic approach, such as dental crowns or porcelain veneers, to accomplish your goals.